Search:

Search VTCouponer: Search Google:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gifts don't have to be expensive, just imaginative!

Yeah, I remember the days of lavish Holidays and ordering fancy gift baskets and mailing them all over the country.  Well, those days are gone, so now it's time to think frugal and think creative.  Here's a quick list of things I have done over the years:

- Herb-infused vinegars or oils - Pick up some funky bottles at your local thrift shop, stuff them with herbs, garlic or even hot peppers, fill with vinegar or oil, tie a bow around the neck of the bottle and let sit.  Flavorful infused vinegars and oils that make a great gift.

- Dried or silk flower wreath - You can usually get grape vine wreaths pretty cheap at craft stores, and watch clearances and sales on dried and silk flowers then craft a gorgeous wreath custom-made for the receiver.

- Baking - My old standby.  I love to bake and try different treats.  I pick different recipes every occasion and make assorted platters and boxes for family and friends.  We also get to try all the tester batches every year, yummy!  hehe

- Gift baskets - I put a few of these together every year and keep them around "just in case".  I go through my collections of free samples and things I got free couponing and make coffee mug gifts with coffee, chocolate and/or biscotti and maybe a nice napkin or something.  Or a movie basket with a DVD, microwave popcorn and some candies.  Handy to have for those last minute gifts.

- Hats/scarves/mittens/slippers/blankets - All things knit or crochet!  Scarves and blankets are my usual gift projects, but I have done a myriad of other knit projects that are so appreciated by the recipient.

- The gift of Labor! - Offer to watch the kids for a few hours for a friend, gift your sister with a house-cleaning, deliver a pre-made dinner to the elderly couple down the street, give your brother a full carwash and detailing on his prized 67 Mustang, you get the idea.

That's just a few of the million and one ideas I've stashed away over the years.  Stay tuned for details on the above, and many more great projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment