Search:

Search VTCouponer: Search Google:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt - A Project of Devotion and Memories

I have been fiddling with this postage stamp quilt for YEARS.  But every time I pull it out to work on it, I have to lovingly run my fingers over each and every square, as it is made up of all the different scraps of fabric from all the different projects, over all these years.  Little snippits of my life and memories.  A square of fabric from the curtains of my very first apartment ever, pieces of quilts I made as gifts, leftovers from Christmas tree skirts I made for family one year, a little bit of DD's first swaddling blanket, all little pieces of the fabrics of my life.





This is just a small section, obviously.  I am assembling it in chunks, and then into long strips like this one.  Someday I will put all the long strips together and have my quilt topper!  We have a king sized bed, so it's going to be pretty large when it's done.  I am actually machine sewing all this and not hand sewing.  I will go through and hand stitch after the back is on.  It has been a long term project, but that makes the memories of all the little pieces that much sweeter.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment