Search:

Search VTCouponer: Search Google:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Super Simple Knit Scarf - for yourself or as a gift!

Ok, it can't get any easier than this.  Cast on 40 stitches, straight knit to desired length.  Cast off, tie off.  Done.  Poof!  Instant warm and snuggly scarf for you or for a quick and easy gift.  I can crank off one of these in a couple evenings while watching TV, if I really try.  Otherwise it's a great thing to grab and do when I need something to do with my hands.  LOL  The trick is to find a funky yarn that will give the straight knit a cool look.  I found this yarn on clearance and grabbed a whole bunch, but it ends up looking really cool:

I just love the pattern it ended up making.  The colors are much brighter in person.  I did one of these for a good friend with that chenille yarn that she chose, and it came out amazing!  I wish I had taken a picture of that one!  This could also be done for afghan squares and hand-stitched together for a quick and easy lap blanket or baby blanket.  I'm thinking of trying a shorter one and reducing the stitches at the end to a point and hand-stitching it into a little purse.  I saw that somewhere recently and thought it was really cute and a simple project.  I'll add it to the "give it a try" list!  hehe  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment